The Veil of Ignorance — John Rawls’ theory of how to make the best moral choices:
- Would you choose it if you were in the other guy’s shoes?
- Essential concept of fairness, akin to “do unto others”
- Similarity to the Golden Rule
- Akin to parable about the best way to cut a cake: the person who cuts it chooses the last slice. In this way they are incentivized to divide the dessert equally, lest they end up with the smallest piece.
- Would Peter Thiel still think apartheid were so awesome if he were a black man?
Comments are closed.