Mind control is a type of “psychological technology” used by con artists, cult leaders, and influence peddlers of all stripes to try and modify human behavior, to twist it to one’s own nefarious and usually opaque ends. Also referred to as undue influence, emotional abuse, or thought reform, mind control is a set of techniques designed to hack in to the brain’s cognitive quirks, biases, and numerous psychobiological “opportunities to circumvent rational and critical thought.”
Cults are a specific structure of social organization formed through the application of mind control. There are at least 2 “layers” and often many interstitial rings that draw members ever closer to a hidden agenda lurking at the center — the true purpose of the organization that most of the footsoldiers know nothing about, because they work for one of the many “friendly PR faces” tacked on to the outside of the group to disguise the malignancy within.
Here’s the cult leader playbook:
- Position himself (and the group — his extension) as the only safe haven to turn to when afraid: “I alone can fix it!”
- Isolate followers from other sources of information — i.e. keep them in the Fox/OANN/Newsmax ecosystem
- Arouse fear in the follower — invent invisible boogeymen everywhere! Huge caravans at the border that mysteriously disappear after elections! Evil liberals trying to do their jobs in schools and educate our youth about our history! INFLATION looms as a large spectre every time the left manages to eke out a few pennies from the cold unfeeling hands of the aristocrats!
Rinse; repeat. Stoking fear is “EZ Mode” — it means one of the parties in our two-party system can “de facto secede” from governance by just sitting on the sidelines and heckling all day, waiting for the problems and frustration to boil over so they can harness the abject anger of poor manipulated people into political weaponry, to break their lives on the wheels of history carelessly and for no higher purpose than personal greed and addiction to power, wealth, and status.
This set of books is a lead on how they fuel their political war machine:
Qualities of a Cult Leader
- Narcissistic — highly self-absorbed, they demand excessive admiration and slavish devotion to their whims.
- Charismatic — they have a way of grabbing attention, whether positive or negative.
- Unpredictable — erratic behavior keeps enemies on their toes and fans “on edge” with desire to please Dear Leader.
- Insatiable drive — it could be status, money, sex, power, or all of the above, but they feel they deserve it more than anyone else on the planet.
- Lack of conscience — they have no shame and will demand things a decent human being would not.
…remind you of anyone in particular?!